Montana to issue Medical Marijuana Card to out-of-state applicants

by admin on October 11, 2010

I’m at a loss for words.  I can’t believe Montana, of all places, would leave open a gaping whole in its legislation to afford out-of-state applicants a chance to receive a Montana Medical Marijuana Card upon a doctor’s approval.   Here it is folks….straight from the Montana health department.

“The law is mute on the subject of legal residency and there is no recourse for the Department of Public Health and Human Services but to keep the situation as it stands,” Council said. “On Monday, we will be moving forward, status quo, on the processing of out-of-state applications.

Well it looks as though Montana is actually going to ruin the medical marijuana card program in its own state, opening up the door for  what could be major abuse.  As a matter of fact, the door was always open.  It looks as though people are now just starting to realize it.   Either way,  it just increased the patient load for medical marijuana doctors in Montana.

{ 5 comments… read them below or add one }

Montana NORLML October 11, 2010 at 3:42 pm

While it is true that the Department of Public Health will authorize medical marijuana cards to non-Montana residents, it won’t be as big of an issue as people may think. To date, only about 58 total patients in the Montana medical marijuana registry are out-of-state.

Food for thought.


Todd carl September 2, 2011 at 9:53 pm

How can I get a Montana card. I lve in louisiana. I have MRI for back problems & have great reasons. All paperwork needed. If I could just buy there that would help. I’ll pay what ever. How do I go about this the correct way . Travel is no issue.



levi November 20, 2011 at 2:15 pm

montana atleast covers cardholders from other states while they r in montana more states should do this i think it would do alot for the medical marijuana pateints cause rite now u can go to other states and be covered


levi November 20, 2011 at 2:16 pm

i ment u wont b covered and i think thats messed up


jim January 12, 2012 at 8:34 pm

I live in Florida and take medications that cause side effects. Can anyone provide me with any information on how to proceed in obtaining a ‘medical card?




Leave a Comment

Previous post:

Next post: